Friday, June 24, 2011

My summer attempts to find a path in life-Part 1. Advice and thoughts will be appreciated.

Before I came to college, I have always lived the dream of becoming a biologist working on the front line of finding cures for the incurable diseases. However, things and circumstances have changed. As you can see from my introduction, I have taken a renewed passion in international development, especially global health. Ever since I was a young child growing up in the farms in the rice fields of southern China, I have felt a vague calling to get into the field of international development. But I have not been in the right environment for that thought to flourish. Now, in MIT ihouse, I feel it is finally the right time for me to pursue what I really love to do for the remaining years of my life.

Having said all that, I still knows little about what doing global health is like in the big real world. So this summer, I set off to talk to people who know more than me.

The first person I had the honor to talk to this summer is Dr. Stefano Bertozzi, the director for the AIDS/TB program at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. (watch Dr. Bertozzi on the interview at AIDS 2013: http://www.aids2031.org/library/videos?videoid=42)

The interview details will be coming in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment